A Beauty Glorious

2:10 PM Edit This 4 Comments »
Do you love mermaids? Fairies? Did you want to be Tinkerbell or Ariel when you were younger? (Or maybe you still do. That’s fine, I’m right there with ya.) Why? Because they are…otherworldly. Special. Beautiful and mysterious. There is nothing ordinary about them.

Do you mind if I blow your mind a little?

Gen 1:26-27 Then God said, "Let us make humans in our image, in our likeness….” So God created humans in his image. In the image of God he created them. He created them male and female.

Have you ever drawn a picture or made a doll that looked like you? You made it in your image. It’s not you, it’s not even made of the same stuff as you. But you made it to be like you; you put yourself into it. That’s what God did. We are the closest thing this world has to seeing what God looks like.

In Genesis 2:7, God even took that a step further by breathing into us. He breathed into us. We have God’s breath inside of us. Wow. I get goosebumps every time I think of that.

Ladies, his fingerprints are all over us. Everything we have and everything we are came from God. Can you imagine? Can you even begin to imagine?

My sisters, we were birthed of God. We are otherworldly. We are real-life fairies.

And as such we are stunningly beautiful.

Really. I believe the angels are jealous of us. Out of all creation, God created us in his image especially for himself. For that reason we have a special kind of glory that no other creature in the universe can touch.

Not only all that, but we are women, the final crowning touch on all creation. People throughout the millennia have agreed that there is nothing in the universe that compares to a woman's beauty.

I remember one night when I heard God tell me so. I was laying in bed thinking of nothing and he all of a sudden said, (and I am paraphrasing) "Can you see yourself? Look at you. You are incredibly beautiful." I kind of giggled, and he said, "I'm serious. You're breathtaking." As soon as I figured out it was really him and not just my own mind, I felt so beautiful and so wrapped in love. For a minute there I got a glimpse of how God created me and how he sees me.

Face it, girls, we are uniquely beautiful. I don't mean "You're beautiful on the inside; you're beautiful in your own special way; oh well, dear, I think you're beautiful." Frankly, I think those kind of comments sometimes do more harm than good.

No, I mean that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Unequivocally. Look down at your body right now. It's a work of art. An absolute masterpiece. It's a reflection of God's beauty. What could possibly be better than that? You are human, God's treasure, a reflection of his glory. And that makes you stunning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the most awesome post. caitlyn sounds like susie shelenburger or however you spell her name.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! The fairy pics. are so cool and the things you say are accurate. Except one thing, in Heaven there's no anger, tears, or JEALOUSY, so I don't think the angels can be jealous of us. I don't want to sound like a know-it-all, but I felt the Lord wanted me to point that out so others wouldn't think there's that kind of jealousy in Heaven. But then again, the Lord says He's a jealous God. I think it means He wants us to love Him because of all He sacrificed for us. I don't think the angels are jealous, like angry that they're not in His image. TTYL!

~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~

† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †

Anonymous said...

Hi again! I wanted to tell you that I learned about your blog from pureNRGonline.com, so that's why I'll put my nickname and my signature at the bottom of everything I post. I can't tell you my real name but I will tell you a little about myself so you can know me better. I am a 14 yr. old girl who loves pink and pink dolphins. I'm also home schooled, and I'm doing 9th, 10th, and 11th grade work, but I'm mainly in 9th grade. I just wanted to introduce myself a little better to you. TTYL! God Bless!

~ Pink Dolphin 14 ~

† GOD BLESS pureNRG! †

Caitlyn said...

Hey, Pink Dolphin, thanks for dropping by! Good point about the angels; I hadn't thought of it from quite that angle before.

I'm very glad to meet you! I love homeschoolers! I was one myself all the way until college. :)