Welcome.

2:04 PM Edit This 18 Comments »
Hi. I’m Caitlyn. Nice to meet you.

I’ve been thinking for a while about starting this blog, and I finally decided to just go for it. I’d like to be able to share with young women, especially those in Jr. High and High School, some of what I'm learning about who we are as women and daughters of God. If you’re not a Christian, that’s okay, God still created you and loves you more than his own life. A lot of this will apply to you as well.

I’m only eighteen myself, and you will never hear me claim to have life all figured out, but God has shown me a few things that I’d like to share with you through this blog. And in writing it, I’ll also be reminding myself, because I forget so easily sometimes. Some days it feels like God’s grace is the only fuel in my tanks; without it, I’d stall and die.

A minute ago I said that we are women and daughters of God. Maybe you’re thinking, “Caitlyn, I’m not a woman, I’m only thirteen,” but I’m going to call us women anyway. God didn’t create men, women, boys, and girls, he created man and woman in his own image. In his own image? You’ve probably heard that before, and it can be a really crazy idea to get your head around. Whole books have been written about it, but in my next blog we’ll see if we can unpack a little of what it means.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Caitlyn! I think it's really awesome that you set up this website for girls, um, women like me. I can't wait to see what happens!

Caitlyn said...

Thanks, Elise, glad you like it! I was writing it with you and your friends in mind. :) I hope you tell them to check it out!

Anonymous said...

i just told emily. (taylor was at a sleepover)

Anonymous said...

Caitlyn, am I allowed to tell Katie about thes website? she is in seventh grade. :)

Caitlyn said...

Seventh grade is Jr High, goof. (I can say that, she's my sis.) <3

I'm mostly aiming towards Jr. High and High School girls in my writing style and layout, etc, but if girls of other ages are interested, or even if guys want to check it out, all I can say is, great!! The more the merrier!

Anonymous said...

thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Caitlyn I thought that this was REALLY cool that you would set up stuff like this.....I am not kidding seriously WRITE MORE you are an amazing writer you should think about writing a book for girls and women alike and all of the things that we are going through cause I know that you have gone through it already and you know all about it and you are still at that perfect age to understand us but yet old enough to give good advice.....thanks soooo much I will tell my sis to check it out

Caitlyn said...

:) <3

Rachel, you just made my day.

godsgirlsings said...

it feels good to make peoples day well actually there really isn't much of a day left
LOL

godsgirlsings said...

hey are you there elise???

godsgirlsings said...

HI

Anonymous said...

hi. my internet is being tempermentel.

Anonymous said...

so what do you think of the second post?

godsgirlsings said...

its ok

Anonymous said...

ok?

Anonymous said...

isn't the second one the huge meaty one ? or did i count wrong

Anonymous said...

got to go. sorry. bye!

godsgirlsings said...

idk what your talking about??